Hand Quilting – A Tradition to Keep!
I am delighted to finish your incomplete quilt top, stitch in beautiful quilting designs in a top you have, or support your quilt project in any quilt size.
As a quilting specialist, I offer exceptional hand quilting. I am available to transform your quilt tops into cherished family heirlooms. Upon completion, your quilt will be a one-of-a kind masterpiece, a family treasure to pass along through many lifetimes.
Let me help you complete a top from a previous generation, or one you pieced but have not had the time to quilt. I will work closely with you to complete unfinished projects, or create a quilt uniquely your own from traditional and non-traditional patterns, in your color preferences and size requirements.
Hand quilting takes considerable time; custom ordered quilts require a minimum of three months to complete.
Below, is an example of a quilt that I hand-quilted.
Quilting services include the following:
- Quilting (design will complement the quilt pattern)
- Assembly of batting, top and back
- White or Off-White Quilt Thread
- Repairs (repairing seams, clipping threads, squaring up top or back, pressing) – ask for quote
- Repairs to damage fabrics, changes to fabric – priced by damage
- Batting $25.00 (Stitching and Stirring uses Hobbs Cotton Batting, unless otherwise requested
- Backing Fabric cost is determined by retail store pricing
- Binding Quilt (includes construction of bias binding to complement quilt colors) $.25 per inch
- Quilt Label – basic – $10.00 – with picture – $25.00
- Other Services: embellishment, fabric pictures, etc. – ask for quote
- Specialty Quilt Thread Color – ask for quote
- A deposit of $150.00 is required prior to quilting service. Full payment required upon completion. Services are to be paid by cash or money orders.